Primed offers an open, honest and realistic birth prep experience with local group classes! Cover “what you need to know” about having a baby, in an unbiased way. Whether it’s your first or you are welcoming another baby, giving birth at home, or hospital, planning an unmedicated birth or want to know more about all of your options… this class is a valuable resource for you!
Primed Birth Prep takes place on two consecutive Saturday mornings:
Part 1: July 15th 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Part 2: July 22nd 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
We will cover:
– Labor physiology: how to optimize your experience- including Tummy Team strategies for optimal pushing and resilience before and after birth,
– Pain: your pain medication options as well as hands on pain coping techniques and strategies,
-Partner involvement: tools & techniques for labor support,
-Your Personalized Birth Plan: including flexibility for variations of labor and unexpected outcomes; postpartum planning for recovery and bonding,
– Empowerment: identify and realistically address your fears and concerns about birth and early parenting,
– Moving Forward: transitioning to life with baby; infant care & development; balancing baby-care and self-care; breastfeeding and alternative infant feeding
– Community: resources for your entire childbearing year.
Tickets cover the birthing mama +1. Feel free to come alone, or bring your doula/supportive partner with you.
Karli created Primed Childbirth Preparation out of a passion for supporting women to proactively embrace their experience in pregnancy, childbirth and mothering.
Karli’s years of professional and personal birth experience began with attending births as a doula at the age of 16 before attending Birthingway College of Midwifery in Portland. After several years as a midwifery apprentice, the birth of her first daughter was an ‘everything that could happen- happened!’ kind of birth; intensifying her devotion to assisting women in having empowered birth experiences. She currently teaches Primed Birth Prep classes in Oregon &Washington, as well as offering online video classes for first, subsequent and VBAC births with The Tummy Team. She is honored to facilitate parents as they shape the way that their pregnancy, birth and “after” unfold.